Reels are videos that can have lengths of 15, 30, or 60 seconds. Instagram provides different editing features, such as cutting your clips and adding effects, music, stickers, and GIFs.
Instagram Reels have many benefits such as it helps you stay up to date with popular trends and increase your follower engagement. When you post a Reel, it can be found on your profile in the tab that is shaped like a square with a triangle.
Here is a step-by-step process on how to create a reel:
- Open up the Instagram app and click the plus button at the top that is right next to the heart button.
- Click or slide over to the word ‘Reel’ at the bottom.
- Click the big white circle to start recording a video and click it again to end your recording.
- Click the word ‘Next’ at the bottom lefthand corner.
- At the top you can add music, stickers, text, effects, and other features such as questions and polls. The arrow pointing down is the download button if you want to save it to your device.
- When you are done editing click the word ‘Next’ again and add a caption with hashtags.
- Finally, push the word ‘Share’ to add to your profile.
Here are some tips for creating interesting Reels to reach more of your target audience:
- Keep it short and simple.
- Brainstorm ideas and what you want to say before making the reel.
- Mix up your content which means one reel could be about tips and the next about a specific topic.
- Use music or voiceovers.
- Use hashtags and tagging when you are creating the caption.